Sunday, May 31, 2015

T-Shirt Fitting

I spent four months fitting a T-shirt pattern.  Like many people, my body is many different sizes.  I have size Small shoulders, size XXL torso and then size medium legs.  To get anything to fit I have alter any pattern I use. 

I didn't realize until this journey started how narrow my shoulders are.  For a variety of reasons I thought I am big all over.  I'm not.  This has created a bit of a fitting nightmare. 

There are two ways to approach fitting and I have not yet settled on either one.  It is still a work in progress. 

Method 1:  Fit the shoulders and do massive FBA (full bust adjustment). 

Method 2:  Fit the bust and do a narrow shoulder adjustment.

These changes are along with a rounded back adjustment, sloped shoulder adjustment and others that pop up for each pattern. 

I started with Vogue 8793 without the zipper collar.

The first shirt I did was an XXL. 



















There is lots of fabric right above the bust and the shoulders fall off me.

Next was a L.


















This is not quite so bad.  A little less fabric, but shoulders are still falling off.

Shirt no. 3 was a medium.

Shirt no. 4 was a small with a massive FBA.  This is the pattern that I eventually adjusted to get patterns to fit.

It is not yet perfect, but it is better and least as presentable as RTW.


















I am pleased with the progress so far.  There are minor tweaks that I have done to the pattern, but I am calling this one good enough ... for now.  :)

Patti

2 comments:

www.top-essays-uk.com said...

I agree that fitting may be so difficult, as I've myself a very unpopular sizes. I think that the last one is better for you, Patti. However, white ones are becoming too.
Sincerely,
Joanna

skybird said...


Thanks for posting this useful content, Good to know about new things here, Let me share this, . Digital Marketing interview questions