Friday, February 15, 2013

There is a lot of discussion on Stitcher's Guild about pants fitting.   I am no fitting expert, but I have given it a lot of thought. 

There are many different areas to take into consideration:

Half front waist measurement
Half back waist measurement
Half front hip measurement
Half back hip measurement
Hip depth
Crotch front depth
Crotch back depth
Crotch length
Thigh circumference
Inseam

It seems to me that many times people do not take into consideration all of these areas when fitting pants.  Most pants fitting books, articles, etc., do not do a good job taking all of these measurements into consideration.  Nor do most articles give explanations on how to recognize the wrinkles associated with each and how to fix those wrinkles.

This is something I will be doing a lot of studying on in the near future.  It is time for me to start fitting pants for myself.  Wish me luck!

Til next time!

No comments: