Sunday, March 21, 2010

I have finally finished Butterick 5215 . http://butterick.mccall.com/search-pages-624.php?search_term=5215 It is a Connie Crawford pattern. I think I have decided that I don't care for her patterns. I don't think I am the shape that she is designing for. I cut this out of a size 2X like I have other patterns from her, but still had to make a ton of changes. I chose View B, the semi-fitted, because I don't like really tight shirts. One of the worst problems was that the hem really angles out. For me, after you get past my high hips, I am fairly straight down. My widest part is my high hip, widest as in from one side to the other, not around.




I will not be making this pattern again. I have started a Jalie pattern and we will see, how it works to grade that.

1 comment:

gwensews said...

Don't give up! Do you have the Palmer/Pletsch book called "Fit for Real People"? It's an excellent fitting book. They fit all types of figures. I also like their "Pants for Real People". Try, try again, and good luck!